Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Log Cabin Design

So the last few nights I have noticed some great ideas for my future house.  Let me know what you think :)

This photograph was copied from this website http://www.locatiarchitects.com/interior-design--2/ontario-residence--2

I love this window arrangement.   Allowing natural light to enter a space promotes health and happiness :).  I think the cabinets and the walls being the same wood and stain is a nice touch in this room as long as there are some contrasting colors incorporated.  In this particular picture they added sunflowers, I would suggest to the client to add something a little more permanent that added color.  Possibly some fun canisters.. like these..

I found these at Target.com
I found these cushions, I think they would be so great in front of a fireplace or in a child's room. I'll put a link on here for the pattern too :)

This picture was taken from


You can find the pattern for these cushions here.


For all those designing a space if you have a lot of one texture or color in a space add a little pop of color to set off the space! It will wake up your brain and get your eyes moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment