Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Creamy Dreamy Potato Soup


This is the easiest homemade soup you will ever make. My kids gobble this up! It is an amazing fall time soup that only takes 30 minutes or less to make. I love quick dinners on crazy school nights.

This is the best soup with bacon, cheese, and bread to garnish. I even cheat sometimes and throw the bacon in the oven while I cook the soup. Gotta love multi tasking.  To do that start with a cold oven and put the bacon on a broiler pan.  Put that in the oven on 400 degrees and let them cook for about 20 minutes I like it crispy so I can just crumble it over the soup.. yummy. Any who! Lets get down to the soup!
 First dice up those taters!!!! I like them to be kid bite sized pieces that way I am not going back through the soup after I cook it to cut it up more for my kids.
Then just dump your 32oz of broth into a large pot with the potatoes and garlic.  Boil all of that together until the potatoes are soft.  Then grab that submersion blender or you can VERY CAREFULLY!! Pour it in a blender.  If you are using the submersion blender I like to turn off the heat while I blend it. I like it with a few little chunks in it but you can blend it till it is perfectly smooth.  Then add in the seasoning salt, paprika, (cayenne pepper if you want it) salt, and pepper. Then I put in the cream cheese on a low heat.   Then just stir, and stir, then stir some more till the cream cheese is all the way melted. You might want to check on that bacon right now.

Really, it is that easy and it is ready to eat!!!  Add in your bacon, cheese, and more cayenne if you like to feel the burn.  Do you need a submersion blender check out this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment