Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Perfect Dinner Rolls

If you haven't noticed, I love bread.  I can eat half a tray of rolls by myself. My number 1 rule though don't over cook your rolls.  I hate dry dinner rolls..  They need to be a light golden brown on top. Anything darker you better be dipping that in soup cause no amount of butter is bringing those back.

Now, I love my bread machine... it is my best buddy when it comes to these rolls.  It makes them perfectly.  I only use the dough setting on my machine.  If you don't have a bread machine I know what you need for Christmas. THIS!!! My husband bought me this machine back in 2011 and it is still going strong.  I LOVE it.  I use it all the time.  It is up there with my Kitchenaid and my griddle.

Ok, here is the break down for these rolls..  Warm up 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 of water.  Then add 1 egg and 1/3 cup of melted butter, make sure your butter isn't too hot.
Next add 1/3 cup of white sugar, and 3 1/2 cups of flour, 2 1/4 tsp of yeast, and 1 tsp. of salt make sure yeast and salt are NOT touching!! No touchy, touchy!!!
It will look like this in the machine. I set my machine to quick dough and let it go for about 20 minutes, mine will start beeping and I will check on it.  It should be nice and elastic.  Like this

Form your rolls I like to do a nice circle. I pinch the top down on either side and it gives me a perfect little ball.
Cover them with a bag, not a towel!! You will get a perfect rise about 45 minutes later.
Bake those bad boys!! Carefully!! DON'T OVERCOOK ROLLS!!!  400 degrees for 9 minutes checking them often at the end.  Coat them in melted butter and try not to eat all of them by yourself!!

You can do this without a bread machine. Milk, water, and sugar.. add yeast wait till bubbly. Slowly add butter, egg, flour, and salt.   Then mix in a kitchen aid for 4 minutes, let the dough rest for 5, then mix again until the mixture is beautiful and elastic.  For some reason though mine always turn out better from the machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment