Search This Blog

Monday, August 14, 2017

Rainbow Frosting


I love to pipe frosting.  I think it is fun to make designs and decorations.  It is my favorite part of making a cake. The pretty part.
It also looks great on noses!


Over the last few weeks I have found one of my favorite techniques.  I like to call it my Rainbow or Ombre Frosting technique.  You can use as many colors as you can fit in the piping bag.  I like to use three or four. It works really well with just two as well like the picture above.  Here is a picture of three colors that I did on a Trolls birthday cake.  It was fun because I chose primary colors they did mix a little bit and add orange and green hues into the colors.
Now lets get into how I like to do it. 
 What you will need:
 frosting
large piping tip
piping bag
a large cup


I tried and tried to write out how to do this and I couldn't write it out to make sense so I had my friend make a sweet video how to do it!
I have also seen people put it in baggies and clip the ends off and put them in a piping bag I tried it that way and it kinda worked but if you bags aren't perfectly the same size and put in just right you get one color squirting out an the others don't put out as much frosting. Also this way if you run out you can put the piping bag right back in the cup and refill it.   That is why I do it this way.  If you have any questions or comments please feel free to message me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment