Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Bean Dip

So in college I picked up this great recipe for a Chicken Enchilada dip.  I think we would make it at least once a week and down a whole bag of chips with it.  I like to eat it for dinner especially if it is a night where there is a great movie or show to watch.  This last time I made it I decided to throw a little twist to it and added beans.


Here is how to make it.

2 C. Cheddar Cheese
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 C. Milk
1 C. Sour Cream
1 can Green Chilies
1 can Enchilada sauce
8 Corn Tortillas
1 can Refried Beans
2 Chicken Breasts

1 bag of Tortilla Chips


First, I chop up my chicken into tiny pieces, you could also shred it.  Then I boil it, I find that boiling the chicken keeps it nice and moist.  I usually let it boil for about 15 mins if it is already chopped up.  Just make sure it is cooked all the way through.  Next in a sauce pan I put together 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, the cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, enchilada sauce, and chilies.  I let this simmer for a bit and get all mixed together.  Once the chicken is cooked I drain it and add it to the mixture in the sauce pan.  Mean while I take the can of refried beans and cover the entire bottom of a 9x9 pan with the can. Then I take half of my tortillas and rip them into 2x2 pieces.  I cover the beans with the tortilla strips then pour half of my sauce over the top.  then I take the rest of the tortillas rip them up into small pieces and coat the top of the sauce and pour the rest of over that layer.  I like the take the last cup of cheese and cover the whole shebang with it. Throw the pan in the oven for 30 mins. Then pop open a bag of your favorite tortilla chips and you have a killer dip dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment