Search This Blog

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


I have a super simple fun craft for toddler to little kids! Actually I kind of enjoyed doing it too.. ok here is what you need. 

picture of a 4 leaf clover
green and gold kid's paint
colored paper 
white paper
scissors
two pencils with erasers
tape

Here is what we did.  I took the clover and cut out 5 small clovers out of the colored paper. If you want to cheat like me I layered two colors on top of one another when I cut it out so I only had to trace once. 
I cut them out for my girls, but you can let them cut them out if you want.

Next, take tape and have the kids tape them all over the white paper. We used this paint for the next part. 
We used three different greens and one gold. just squeeze it on a plate. The kids just dip the eraser side of the pencil in paint and dot all over the place. Make sure to get all the edges of the clovers super well. You can have the use their fingers too!


Let it all dry, then peel off the clovers and you have a fun clover picture for St. Patricks Day!
Riley wanted to trace one of hers with a pen too.  You could also do horseshoes too...

We have this fun banner to make today. I bought it last year after St. Patrick's Day at Michaels Craft Store.



No comments:

Post a Comment