Search This Blog

Saturday, March 4, 2017

 Ideas for Easter Baskets, that you won't be throwing away in a day!

Part #1

One of my biggest pet peeves is spending an arm and a leg on things that only last a week.  I've decided to share some of the great things I have found for their baskets this year that you won't be throwing in the trash super fast. Best of all most of it is off of Amazon.  Making it to the store without one of my 3 kids is impossible with my husband's work schedule and since I don't want to ruin the surprise...   Amazon it is!  I know that not everyone wants to spend hours looking through amazon for all this stuff I did all the work for you.  All the links are below! Happy Easter.

The first thing I always put in my girls Easter baskets are books, books are awesome for one they take up a large amount of space! yep, they are a great space filler.  Books are one of those items that doesn't get used up in a week and thrown away.  They last for YEARS! For my 1 year old I found these little board books, super easy for her to carry around with her and flip the pages around without being able to tear them up super fast.
*YOU NEED TO READ MUSTACHE BABY* if you just need to go to your library and check it out to read it you should. Seriously, it is hilarious!



Now if you haven't read The Pout Pout Fish, it is awesome! I can't wait to read the Happy Easter Pout-Pout Fish.  I won't be buying all of these things for my girls but I hope you can find things that you like!

For my 3 year old and my 5 year old I wanted two things, and activity book that we could do together and a book before bedtime.



Activity books:

If you haven't seen Melissa and Doug's water wow you are seriously missing out! This is one thing that you need.  You can sit with your younger kids and talk about the animals, number, and alphabet or just let them loose in their car seats, church, or boring lobbies with these.  The best part, they are reusable.  Yes, another one of those magical items that won't be thrown away in 10 minutes. Or a coloring book that the kids will scribble in and throw away the next day.




Of course it is time for the super cute Easter outfit.  Once again I found the perfect thing!  Amazon has this great Disney section that have tops and bottoms for super cute.  Roll them up together and you have a fun outfit that wasn't too expensive. Ok, look at the sizes you need.  DIFFERENT SIZES ARE DIFFERENT PRICES!!! So you can score some of these outfits from $8-$15 if you are lucky! Also, when I buy these clothes I tend to go one size up, sometimes they are fitted a little small.

Size 6x is only $7.71


Size 4 is only $15.00 



 If you get this Minnie Mouse outfit in 24 month it is only $11.06


These two costs a little more but they are soooo cute I couldn't resist!



The last thing I found that doesn't last a terribly long time but I wanted to throw in are:

 Stickers and temporary tattoos are great they are also great if you don't want your kids to have a crazy insane amount of candy in all of their Easter Eggs. My kids love them.  I personally love temporary tattoos, they go on the kid and I am not spending hours of my time pealing them off of my furniture or floors.  I found these super cute ones!  We have the rule that you have to let your old ones wear off all the way before you get a new one one.  So they do last a few weeks.




Lastly I wanted to put a little toy for each of the girls.  My oldest daughter is collecting Tsum Tsums.  I thought this set with Thumper would be adorable.



If you want a few more I found this set on Sale too!


I would probably open this set and stick the tsum tsums in my oldest two daughters Easter Eggs.

More ideas are coming soon. Subscribe and I'll be scouring places for more ideas for you!

Good Luck with those baskets!!!

*Please note that all prices are subject to change*

Need a prime membership? Try it free below!


No comments:

Post a Comment