Search This Blog

Friday, March 24, 2017

Spring is here! Time for all the yummy berry treats to be back in season.  I made this Strawberry Rose Cake the other day for a Cub Scout auction and I wanted to share the recipe with you today.  At the bottom I show you how I cut Strawberry Roses!!!


My Cake recipe I found a  few years ago off a website alittlebitfunky  Here is the complete link: http://www.littlebitfunky.com/2012/09/what-i-made-for-monday-perfect-cake.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+alittlebitfunky+(Little+Bit+Funky)

It comes out with a really moist and yummy cake! I have made it close to 10 times at least and every time it is wonderful.  I have made it in cupcake and cake form,  and it makes about 35 cupcakes.

Preheat oven to 325

1 box white cake mix 
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cups water
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 large egg whites
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Put all dry ingredients together mix it up, then put in all the wet ingredients together with the dry, mix well. Pour into greased and floured cake pans, I put wax paper in the bottom of my cake pans too so there is not sticking, or cupcake tins lined with papers.  Fill cupcake papers about 3/4 of the way full. 
Bake for 18 minutes or so for cupcakes and a little longer for cake. Close to 30 mins depending on the oven.


For my American butter cream frosting
I take 1 cup of butter AT ROOM TEMPERATURE very very important. if you forget put the butter in a bag and stick it in your pockets for a while.

Now whip it! with a stand mixer or a hand mixer for at least 3 minutes it needs to be light and super fluffy. Once it is silk pour in 1 tsp of vanilla.  Then slowly add in 16+ oz or so of powdered sugar until it reaches the right consistency. I like to add a little bit of heavy whipping cream to make it silky smooth about 3 tbsp.

Toasted coconut simply open a bag of sweetened coconut and throw it under a broiler for a few minutes till it is light brown. pull it out and let it cool completely before pressing it into fresh frosting.

I put finely chopped fresh strawberries inside my cake.  I cut the strawberries into tiny pieces and pressed them lightly with paper towels to take away some moisture.  I then tossed them in 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and put a thin layer between the cake layers. with a thin layer of the buttercream frosting.

For the Strawberry Roses please refer to the video below!


No comments:

Post a Comment